Mark your calendars for our Silent Auction Feb. 26-March 7, 2019
Hickey PTA's silent auction is our largest fundraiser of the year. This year our theme is ALLIANCE FOR ALL STARS 2019. We are asking for joining our alliance to power our Hickey All Stars!
Are you a parent wanting to help?
Each grade level is responsible for creating a basket. That means we'll have six unique baskets to bid on. Grade level leads will be sending home flyers either before the winter break or just after with more information.
Do you want to help us solicit donations? As with other PTA functions, we are all volunteers and would love the extra help. Please reach out to our committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you as a parent own a business or know someone that would donate an item? Please email email@example.com.
Don't worry, our teacher parties will be back! About one quarter of our earnings are from the very popular after-school teacher run parties. We also have yearbook pages available to bid on as well as naming the circle drive in the front of the school. The parking space is also available for the fall or spring. There are many unique & fun items available our Hickey parents love to bid on!
Are you a business wanting more information about our organization & auction?
The Hickey Elementary PTA is committed to continuously supporting our All Stars. Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We embrace and celebrate our ethnically and economically diverse population that includes students who live in east Plano, Allen and Parker.
Families at Hickey Elementary are never asked for money to pay for field trips, programs or parties. The monies raised during our annual auction, our biggest fundraiser of the year, are a key component in OUR ability to fund field trips, school programs and equipment, educational classroom supplies, classroom parties and a number of items that enhance and enrich our students’ lives.
Last school year, the Hickey Elementary PTA:
- Sent every one of our 525+ students on a field trip, including visits to the Dallas Zoo, Perot Museum, the Frisco Science and Discovery Museum, Crayola Experience & a symphony performance at the Eisemann Center
- Provided 525+ Field Day t-shirts to students and staff
- Funded in-school and after-school programs, including several assemblies and four, free family engagement nights (Multicultural Night, Science Night, Math Night and Art Night) and two, free fun runs
- Supplied each grade, Kindergarten through 5th,with 3 classroom parties and an extra celebration for 5thgraders
- Purchased numerous items to help the school, such as Science Fair trophies, additional tables for the library, mobile white boards, a green screen and extra books for the library and teachers
- Hosted three Teacher and Staff Appreciation luncheons
- Organized the sale of school supplies & yearbook
ALLIANCE FOR ALL STARS 2019, runs February 26 - March 7, 2019. The online component of our auction begins Tuesday, February 26th and ends Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Bidding will stop between 7:00 and 10:00pm. We will host a live silent auction at our spring Open House on Thursday, March 7, 2019. Parents and families will be at the school to visit with their child's teacher and to view our 5th graders Wax Museum.
Contributions to the silent auction are critical to Hickey Elementary, no matter the size of the gift. Each and every donation is needed and appreciated, and will, perhaps, give you an opportunity to reach a population you haven’t yet reached. All donations are tax deductible. Every donor will receive recognition through our communication channels, including our flyers, newsletter, website and social media.
Donations will be accepted until February 25, 2019. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. firstname.lastname@example.org